Equipment to bring
- Your Computer or Console
- A Powerboard
- A cat5e or cat6 network cable of 5-10m length
- Mouse pad
- Your phone charger
- The cables necessary for all the above (eg: power cables, dvi/hdmi cable, 3.5mm audio cables, usb cables)
Equipment NOT to bring
- Whitegoods or any electrical device besides your gaming system and phone.
- More than one PC or Console. (You may bring a PC and a Console but you can only have one plugged into the power at a time).
- Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS)
- Drugs, Alcohol or Firearms
Can I bring a PC and a console?
You can bring a PC as well as a console but you can only have one switched on at any given time. This is so that we do not overload the power as our preparations are based on each person using only one PC/Console and one monitor.
What games do you play?
At Avalanche our attendees are free to play any game as they please. If you want to play a particular game just ask around and there is bound to be several people keen to play it.
Some games that have been popular at past lans include but are not limited to:
- Team Fortress 2
- Counterstrike Global Offensive
- Super Smash Bros
- Age of Empires 2 HD
- Unreal Tournament
- Command & Conquer Generals
- Call of Duty 4
- Company of Heroes
- Dota 2
Why isn't there a tournament for " "?
There is no tournament rules, casters, or prize set up yet, maybe one day :)
Starcraft 2/League of Legends/Call of Duty Ghosts/World of Tanks/Smite/Quake Live
Games that do not have a LAN mode are not considered for tournaments. While you can play these games at the LAN we cannot make any guarantees for the quality of internet service. A tournament results in many people playing the same game at the same time which is too much for our internet connection to handle reliably enough to maintain acceptable pings needed for a competitive game.
The games selected for tournaments are based on the feedback from surveys held periodically as well as observation of what games are played at the LAN. The best way to get a tournament for your favourite game is to start playing it at the LAN and getting other people interested in it.